Toggle menu

Information for landlords about Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

If your tenant wishes to claim

If your tenant asks you for help in order to make a claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, please refer them to our online application form.

Find further information on make a claim

What we can tell you about your tenant's claim

If Housing Benefit is paid direct to your tenant, we can only give you information on whether or not a decision has been made on the new claim, but only if permission has been given by the tenant on the claim form or in writing.

If Housing Benefit is paid direct to yourself, we can give you information on payments, such as when they will start and stop, frequency and amounts and whether deductions are being made for overpayments. You will receive letters regarding this information.

We cannot tell you any confidential or personal details of the tenant such as their financial circumstances.

Landlord Agents

If you would like all correspondence and payments to go to your agent, you will have to put this in writing giving details of your agent's name, address and bank details.

Landlords Schedules

We would like to send all landlords schedules and notifications electronically. To receive yours electronically, please e-mail quoting your payee reference from the front of your schedule, your name and the e-mail address you want us to use

Universal Credit

If your tenant is in receipt of Universal Credit (UC), they will not be entitled to Housing Benefit as they will receive help towards their housing costs in their UC claim. UC is paid by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) so any queries you have, you will need to contact the DWP direct.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email