The council and local organisations, such as the university and college, secure millions of pounds of funding every year for projects and investments which support the city's economic development.
This includes funding from:
- European funding programmes
- UK and other funding programmes
The coordination of external funding within the City Council is led by the Financial Resources team in the Corporate Services Directorate.
This team provides support and advice to the council and local organisations on funding opportunities available from European, UK, regional and local funding sources.
The work of the team involves:
- Securing and managing funds from major European and UK sources
- Advising local partners on external funding opportunities
- Supporting local organisations with project development.
Who to contact for further information:
Financial Resources Team (Commercial Advice)
Tel: 0191 561 1158