For your first application you will be given guidance and an application form once you have passed the knowledge test.
For renewal applications you will be sent guidance and an application form when your licence is due for renewal.
You will need to come into one of our Customer Service Centres with:
- Completed application form
- Completed DVLA mandate and fee of £4.75. If you have recently completed the DVLA check as part of the knowledge test process you need not do this again.
- Completed online DBS check and fee £48.00
- Supporting DBS original documents
- Supporting original documents proving your right to work in the UK
- Medical assessment completed by GP or other doctor. This is to be carried out at your own expense.
- Licence fee £111.89
Please note if you want both a hackney carriage and private hire drivers licence you need only make the one application but you will have to pay the licence fee for each licence i.e. £223.78.
In some instances a Regulatory Committee will make decisions on the grant, renewal, suspension or revocation of hackney carriage and private hire vehicle drivers' licences. The committee use the hackney carriage and private hire drivers guidelines (pdf) to assist them.
If you already have a hackney carriage or private hire drivers licence you can report: