Need support or want to help?
We've put together a range of support to help our residents and communities stay safe and well throughout the coronavirus outbreak.
If you are clinically extremely vulnerable, the changing restrictions in step four also apply to you. However, the most vulnerable continue to be advised to think about extra steps you may wish to take to protect yourself. These steps include:
- meeting outside if possible
- making sure the space is well ventilated if you meet inside; open windows and doors or take other action to let in plenty of fresh air
- considering whether you and those you are meeting have been vaccinated - you might want to wait until 21 days after your second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine before being in close contact with others
- working from home where possible
- washing your hands regularly and avoid touching your face
You can find out more in the government's guidance for clinically extremely vulnerable.
We can support you if you are self isolating or feeling vulnerable. Find out more about preparing for self isolation. See our Self-isolation guide.
You can call us on 0800 234 6084 to discuss what support you need, or complete the short form below and we'll be in touch.
If you can offer support, you could help with things like shopping, delivering food parcels or collecting prescriptions and medicines.
You'll be able to offer support if you fulfil all the conditions below:
- You are well and have no symptoms like a cough or temperature or loss of taste and smell, and nobody in your household does
- You are under 70
- You are not pregnant
- You don't have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus
The only people who are legally prevented from volunteering with children and vulnerable adults are those who have been barred from doing so by Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Please familiarise yourself with the government's guidance on safeguarding and DBS while volunteering during the outbreak.
You can call us on 0800 234 6084 and we'll take some details before matching you with someone in your local community or complete the short form below and we'll be in touch. Thank you for deciding to offer your help!
Help out in Coalfield (including Copt Hill, Houghton-le-Spring, Hetton-le-Hole and Shiney Row)
Help out in East Sunderland (including Doxford, Hendon, Millfield, Ryhope and St Michael's)
Help out in North Sunderland (including Castle, Fulwell, Redhill, Southwick and St Peter's)
Help out in Washington (including Washington Central, Washington East, Washington North, Washington South and Washington West)
Help out in West Sunderland (including Barnes, Pallion, Sandhill, Silksworth, St Anne's and St Chad's)