Find out how to be a covid champion
Could you be a Covid Champion?
We need people from all walks of life to take on the important role of Covid champions and help us get key public health messages to more people in order to help protect our communities from Covid-19.
You don't need any special skills, just a willingness to get involved. You may help run a small sports club, social group, or just have a wide circle of friends on social media.
Communicating vital health messages to as many people as possible is key to ensuring we all adopt the measures designed to keep us safe and help stop the spread of the virus.
We will work with Covid champions to make sure that vital health messages are communicated in a way that reaches people across the city. We will provide important updates, key messages and materials for champions to share through their own networks.
We will also work with champions to understand what is working, or needs to change to help reduce the spread of the virus and keep our communities safe.
We know not everyone picks up news and updates from the council's main channels or the media, and many aren't on social media. By having a network of hundreds of local champions with their own networks and channels we know we can reach more people.
Covid champions will play a critical role in protecting family and friends by:
- ensuring they get the right information
- combating myths around Covid-19
- providing feedback on useful ways you have been able to help others
What will I get from the council?
Once you are signed up as a champion you will get:
- Regular updates from the council on the latest situation with coronavirus in Sunderland
- Key messages and updates that need to be communicated through Sunderland's communities
- FAQs to help with myth-busting about Covid-19
- Suggested templates, social media posts and other tools to assist with the dissemination of key messages
- Frequent virtual meetings where all champions can share ideas and provide feedback from the community to the council to help us improve our communication and messaging
- A single point of contact to discuss ideas, offer suggestions and ask questions
We are asking for those who would like to get involved to register using the link below. If you're interested in signing up, and want to support us to stop the spread of Covid-19 please complete our online form to Sign Up.
For more information see our frequently asked questions.