Bulky waste collection
Remember - you can take many items to the Household waste and recycling centre (HWRC) to be disposed of free of charge.
It's simple to book and slots are available now.
Community Re-use network
Don't throw away your unwanted furniture - donate it to the ReUse Network instead!
The Re-Use Network is made up of local charities who would welcome your kind donation, and the opportunity to give your pre loved furniture a second home.
By working together we can make a large social impact, in terms of, increasing employment, training and volunteering opportunities, as well as reducing waste, carbon emissions and combating furniture poverty.
Before you arrange a collection, have you thought about taking your unwanted items that are in good condition to a local charity shop to be reused?
We can collect bulky waste items from your address. The charge for this service is £10.00 for up to 6 items.
You will be able to choose a date for collection once you have completed the request.
If you are requesting a bulky waste collection from us a number of restrictions apply:
- No more than six items will be collected during each visit. For example, a three-piece suite counts as three items; a dining table and four chair counts as five items
- The collection team will only remove the items stated on your request. We want to make sure that we only take what you want us to. If there are items not listed on your request we may take photos to support any queries about your collection.
Please note if you have asbestos or other potentially hazardous material to dispose of then please contact the City and neighbourhood team.
On the Day of Collection:
- Please help us by placing the items for collection on your property as close as possible to where the collection vehicle will park to collect them. You must make sure that our collection team can access your property to remove the waste items.
- Please place your items from 7:30am on the day of collection, your items will be collection between 7:30am and 5:00pm
- We might collect your white goods or electrical equipment separately from non-recyclable items.
Changes to your Collection:
If you need to make any changes to your collection, to add or remove items you need to contact the City and neighbourhood team.
Please check the latest date for changes in the table below.
|Day of collection||Last day for change|
|Monday||No collections made|
|Tuesday||Friday before 11am|
|Wednesday||Tuesday before 11am|
|Thursday||Wednesday before 11am|
|Friday||Thursday before 11am|