Tell us you are moving into, within or out of the Sunderland area. The Sunderland area includes Washington, Houghton-le-Spring and Hetton-le-Hole.
Use this service to report your change of address to:
- Council Tax
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
- Blue Car Badge
Before you start
You may need your Council Tax account number (you can find this on your Council Tax bill)
If you want to pay by direct debit, you will need your bank account number and sort code.
Other Council Services
- Make a new claim for housing benefit or council tax support
- Update the Electoral Services records online. You will need to have your national insurance number.
- Find out when your bin day is at your new property.
- No bin at your new property? Order new bins.
- Find out if you need a permit to park at your new home..
Depending on the services you use there may be other council departments you need to contact to advise you have moved home.
There are a number of handy web sites that give you advice on who else you need to inform of your move. These could include gas and electric companies, telephone suppliers, bank.
Help and advice finding a new home
If you do not yet have a new home to move to we can offer you