If you do not yet have a new home to move to we can offer you advice on finding a home in Sunderland.
If you already have a new home to move to and are wanting to know what you need to do:
- Update council tax records by speaking to a member of our home and money team.
- Already claim housing benefit or council tax support? Update your records by speaking to a member of our home and money team.
- If you want to make a new claim for housing benefit or council tax support you can do this online.
- Update the Electoral Services records online. You will need to have your national insurance number.
- Find out when your bin day is at your new property.
- No bin at your new property? Order new bins.
- Find out if you need a permit to park at your new home..
Depending on the services you use there may be other council departments you need to contact to advise you have moved home. Please use our web chat if you need further advice on who to speak to.
There are a number of handy web sites that give you advice on who else you need to inform of your move. These could include gas and electric companies, telephone suppliers, bank.