Schools library service
Sunderland schools library service provides specialist support to schools, school libraries and librarians across all key stages through the loan of books and resources to enhance the curriculum and encourage reading for pleasure.
By subscribing to our service, schools can borrow a variety of up-to-date materials for use by teachers to plan and support lessons or to encourage reading for pleasure.
Subscribed members have access to a greater range of new books and resources than an individual school budget may allow.
Watch this short video about Sunderland Schools Library Service to find out more.
Sunderland Schools Library Service provides:
- Bulk books loans, artifact boxes, project loans, story bags and sensory story boxes
- Bee-Bots and Pro-Bots, programmable floor robots for teaching control, directional language and programming for young children
- Support from professionally qualified library staff who advise on books, setting up or redesigning the School Library, the latest developments in libraries and publishing and ways to inspire and encourage children to read
- The Public Librarian Scheme - available to Secondary and Primary pupils this enable young people to become mentors and advocates for the library resource in their school, giving an understanding of basic library administration and an introduction to research skills
- Access to our online catalogue
- Free delivery and collection of all items to and from the school
All members of staff at a subscribing school can use the Schools Library Service online catalogue.
The Schools Library Service is based at the Sandhill Centre. Members can visit the site to view and select from the stock and resources or speak to a member of our team.
For further information and to find out about subscription costs, please contact:
Schools Library Service, Sandhill Centre, Sunderland, SR3 4EN
Telephone: 0191 561 8866